Recently I started making a conscious effort to create something new every day. Every day, I:
- Write and publish a blog post
- Take a new picture and post to Instagram
- Write and publish something on Twitter
- Write on my private journal
- Create a track and post to SoundCloud
- Work on different coding projects
I started these on different days and I’m not keeping track of it in any way (to-do lists, calendar streaks, etc), since I don’t want to add any unnecessary pressure; I want this to be fun and interesting, not a chore.
It has been an amazing experience: I’m proud of myself for creating more content, I’m getting some feedback, I’m building a foundation with this content, and I’m practicing letting go of perfectionism and just hitting publish.
Everything I’ve been putting out there is unpolished at best and just plain awful in some cases, but I don’t care: the important thing for me is training myself on letting go of perfectionism and publishing anyway.