(Photo by Andrew Neel on Unsplash.)
Journaling – writing to clear my thoughts, feel grateful about the good things, understand better the things I fear, and just to collect important memories – is one of my most helpful habits.
Others have written extensively about the benefits of journaling:
- Why Keeping a Daily Journal Could Change Your Life
- Become a Better Person by Keeping a Journal
- How Tim Ferriss Specifically Uses His Journal To Achieve Huge Goals
I have journal entries in different places and formats dating back to 2009, and I’m always amazed at how it improves my thinking and makes me feel better. However, I always face two problems:
- I keep forgetting to write on my journal, even though I always feel better after doing so.
- I often have a hard time knowing where to start writing.
In order to solve these problems (and also have some fun with coding!) I developed a Telegram 🤖 chatbot called Dear Diary that a) reminds me daily and b) has helpful writing prompts to make it easier for me to start writing.
It has been helping me (and a couple of other early users) to keep the habit going, and it’s really fun to use! If you’re interested, click here to learn more and chat with the bot!